25 April 2015

Toronto Branch OGS Meeting: 27 April

In the main presentation Bonnie Bell will speak on Out of the Shadows: Imaging the women of my family.

This presentation is one’s women personal project to inspire members of her family to become interested in the history of their female ancestors.   Using photographs, personal documents, and family stories and memorabilia, from England, Scotland, and Canada, along with my own vision, I set out to capture, in brief 2-3 page summaries, the essential character of each of the women who define me.  This talk will combine a look at these “snapshots” with a consideration of the roles that selection, bias/colouring, family stories and memory play in the ways in which we present our family histories to our relatives and the larger world.
Also presenting will be Elayne Lockhart giving a Mini-presentation: How DNA broke through my Irish brick wall and took me back 3 generations – in England!

The meeting starts at 7:30 pm in the Burgundy Room, North York Memorial Hall
5120 Yonge Street, Toronto, ON M2N 6L4. This presentation is not being streamed.

No comments: